New User Help
Started by Android Gaming

12 posts in this topic
Android Gaming

Registered

6 posts 2 threads Joined: Jan 2022
01-16-2022, 04:59 PM -
Okay, full disclosure, I suck when it comes to anything coding related so this is all new to me. That being said, I can learn.

I've got the only version I could find a download of, 1.0.7.5 and can't get it to do anything. I've input my stuff into the auth file and even tried running the command prompt for the updater to newest version. In both cases, running the moonrock.exe and updater with powershell, it returns a 503 Server unavailable error. My assumption is I have messed something up, so if I have, can I get no joke Barney style instructions from download to running for this thing? Looking forward to using it.

AG
uid0
Administrator

Administrators

401 posts 36 threads Joined: Feb 2021
01-18-2022, 04:22 PM -
(01-16-2022, 04:59 PM)Android Gaming Wrote: Okay, full disclosure, I suck when it comes to anything coding related so this is all new to me. That being said, I can learn.

I've got the only version I could find a download of, 1.0.7.5 and can't get it to do anything. I've input my stuff into the auth file and even tried running the command prompt for the updater to newest version. In both cases, running the moonrock.exe and updater with powershell, it returns a 503 Server unavailable error. My assumption is I have messed something up, so if I have, can I get no joke Barney style instructions from download to running for this thing? Looking forward to using it.

AG

Hello, just run the updater as is. It will fetch the latest by default, no need to input stuff.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not at home by two weeks now with covid and I don't have my setup. If you still have the issue with the updater I can send it the patch directly/ Also, are you using any VPN or third party software regarding your access to the internet?
[Image: moonstats.php?user=uid0]
Android Gaming

Registered

01-21-2022, 12:26 AM -
No, nothing running that would be blocking it. When I run it now, it gives me the "stopped working" pop-up for the program to force it closed. I've attached a screenshot of the error the updater is giving me and the program itself.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i...&crop=fill

onlyme

Moonrock

57 posts 12 threads Joined: Nov 2021
01-21-2022, 01:46 PM -
(01-21-2022, 12:26 AM)Android Gaming Wrote: No, nothing running that would be blocking it. When I run it now, it gives me the "stopped working" pop-up for the program to force it closed. I've attached a screenshot of the error the updater is giving me and the program itself.

When you upgrade it borks the config. close everything, delete the config.json, run moonrock.exe to create a new config.

then edit like this:

"InstanceName": "DE02",                               name of player of inique identifier, doesn't matter
  "ADBPath": "",
  "ADBSocket": "127.0.0.1:5037",
  "ADBDeviceName": "default",
  "ADBInstancePort": 5795,                                the port from the emulator
  "DeviceID": 2,                                                change this to match the ADB instance on the bottom of the instance manager
  "CloneID": 1,                                                 left 1, middle 2, right 3  where is the pilot on the login screen
Android Gaming

Registered

01-21-2022, 05:45 PM -
Thanks for the input. I've deleted the config file, deleted the whole thing and reinstalled, and still the problem persists. Does this need to be installed somewhere specific to work and I'm missing that?
Ristin

Moonrock

105 posts 8 threads Joined: Apr 2021
01-22-2022, 10:36 AM -
The error your seeing screams that something is blocking the apps ability to call out to the internet.

Normally if the service was down you would get a time out or host not found error the fact you get a a 503 means something is picking up the call out and returning the service not available message.

If multiple people were seeing this then I’d look at it from the server end but as you are the only one seeing this it is most likely something local to you.

What’s your setup? Do you have any internet security software or firewall (even the built in windows firewall), do you use a vpn or any kind of proxy server? What about your local network does it have any security appliance or filtering? What about your ISP? Sadly it’s going to be a case of following the steps in the chain.

Uuid0 is it worth giving him the clear text urls to try and connect to? I know we could find that out by examining the call outs but I didn’t want to share it without your say so.
onlyme

Moonrock

57 posts 12 threads Joined: Nov 2021
01-22-2022, 01:36 PM -
(01-21-2022, 05:45 PM)Android Gaming Wrote: Thanks for the input. I've deleted the config file, deleted the whole thing and reinstalled, and still the problem persists. Does this need to be installed somewhere specific to work and I'm missing that?

reinstall gives you the same issue.

reinstall, run upgrade as admin, delete the config.json, run moonrock to create a new config 

You
Android Gaming

Registered

01-22-2022, 07:21 PM -
@Ristin: So I've modified my firewall to allow the applications access, and even disabled it (Windows built in firewall), and disabled the stuff on the router. I don't use any proxy or vpn either. Tried downloading it on a laptop too but with same results. I've got the latest .net framework and Visual C++ updates as well, not sure if those could be bricked and causing this or not.

@onlyme: Even using the suggestions above, and doing a full redownload and reinstall, end up with the same results.

I appreciate the help with this folks, hope to get it resolved soon.
uid0
Administrator

Administrators

401 posts 36 threads Joined: Feb 2021
01-26-2022, 10:17 AM -
(01-22-2022, 07:21 PM)Android Gaming Wrote: @Ristin: So I've modified my firewall to allow the applications access, and even disabled it (Windows built in firewall), and disabled the stuff on the router. I don't use any proxy or vpn either. Tried downloading it on a laptop too but with same results. I've got the latest .net framework and Visual C++ updates as well, not sure if those could be bricked and causing this or not.

@onlyme: Even using the suggestions above, and doing a full redownload and reinstall, end up with the same results.

I appreciate the help with this folks, hope to get it resolved soon.

Hello, I'm back at home, i will add a week to your time since you have been so patient, also i'm sending you the update via pm.
[Image: moonstats.php?user=uid0]
Cold88

88 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2021
01-30-2022, 01:44 PM -
How nice adding sub time , I was paying for like 2 month tried and did whatever needed, didn’t fix my problem plus didn’t give me even 1 day of extension …… I paid for months without using it ….. made lots of thread seeked help and was patient ( not using for months and still paying I consider very patient)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't run a bot. Fresh new user Seekenn 10 469 01-07-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Seekenn