Change bot logic
Started by Myyst

9 posts in this topic
Myyst

Registered

57 posts 14 threads Joined: Aug 2021
11-30-2021, 07:01 PM -
Hello,

I think that was mentioned by a few other users, but the logic of the bot when checking reds need to change a little bit.

At the moment, the logic is : 

1. Check for reds in station
  2. Undock
  3. Select belt + warp
  4. Start Strip miners
  5. Lock Asteroid
  6. Check for reds

Which means that, from the moment the bot checks for reds at the beginning, a good minute has gone by when the second check for reds happen. It is way too long, and I got killed a few times because of this despite having a watchdog one system ahead and another bot in the same system.

The logic should be (at least) :

2. Check for GCS fleet escape (i.e. if a red is detected one system ahead, you shouldn't undock)
  3. Undock
  4. Select belt + warp
  5. Check for reds on arrival
  6. Start Strip miners
  7. Lock Asteroid
  8. Check for reds

I don't think it's too complicated, but really would be a massive improvement !

Also, on a separate note, when the bot crashes it does restart but always gets stuck on the "Start" page. Can we fix that ?

Thanks !
EvL

Moonrock

54 posts 13 threads Joined: Aug 2021
11-30-2021, 09:34 PM -
yes please!
Cold88

88 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2021
12-01-2021, 04:34 PM -
i also would love a fueture added on how often red is checked, would like it to happen much more often.
uid0
Administrator

Administrators

401 posts 36 threads Joined: Feb 2021
12-02-2021, 12:35 PM -
(11-30-2021, 07:01 PM)Myyst Wrote: Hello,

I think that was mentioned by a few other users, but the logic of the bot when checking reds need to change a little bit.

2. Undock
  3. Select belt + warp
  4. Start Strip miners
  5. Lock Asteroid
  6. Check for reds

Which means that, from the moment the bot checks for reds at the beginning, a good minute has gone by when the second check for reds happen. It is way too long, and I got killed a few times because of this despite having a watchdog one system ahead and another bot in the same system.

2. Check for GCS fleet escape (i.e. if a red is detected one system ahead, you shouldn't undock)
  3. Undock
  4. Select belt + warp
  6. Start Strip miners
  7. Lock Asteroid
  8. Check for reds

Also, on a separate note, when the bot crashes it does restart but always gets stuck on the "Start" page. Can we fix that ?

Thanks !

Hello, GCS is always checked and will try to perform it's action as soon the game permits, imagebots have some limitations since you cannot directly tap into the game like most bots for PC games, then you have to add the big delay caused by ADB, in the best case the bot sees at 1fps (frametime in the console title shows how much time it took to get the screenshot from android), all the logic suffers from this big delay.

I agree with 5;
[Image: moonstats.php?user=uid0]
uid0
Administrator

Administrators

12-02-2021, 12:36 PM -
(12-01-2021, 04:34 PM)Cold88 Wrote: i also would love a fueture added on how often red is checked, would like it to happen much more often.

It's already going at max speed.  Once it's in the "scan for red" loop it will check for reds as fast as the system permits.
Myyst

Registered

12-02-2021, 07:09 PM -
(12-02-2021, 12:35 PM)uid0 Wrote:

2. Undock
  3. Select belt + warp
  4. Start Strip miners
  5. Lock Asteroid
  6. Check for reds

3. Undock
  4. Select belt + warp
  6. Start Strip miners
  7. Lock Asteroid
  8. Check for reds

Thanks !

Hello, GCS is always checked and will try to perform it's action as soon the game permits, imagebots have some limitations since you cannot directly tap into the game like most bots for PC games, then you have to add the big delay caused by ADB, in the best case the bot sees at 1fps (frametime in the console title shows how much time it took to get the screenshot from android), all the logic suffers from this big delay.

I agree with 5;

Sure but then you should make sure there is at least no "GCS Flag" before the bots starts the undock routine. Because at the moment, the watchdog 1 system could be sending FLEET ESCAPE alerts, the bot would still start the undocking routine, which is just wrong.
Myyst

Registered

12-05-2021, 09:53 AM -
Any chance we will see this soon?
uid0
Administrator

Administrators

12-05-2021, 01:16 PM -
(12-02-2021, 07:09 PM)Myyst Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 12:35 PM)uid0 Wrote:

2. Undock
  3. Select belt + warp
  4. Start Strip miners
  5. Lock Asteroid
  6. Check for reds

3. Undock
  4. Select belt + warp
  6. Start Strip miners
  7. Lock Asteroid
  8. Check for reds

Thanks !

I agree with 5;

Sure but then you should make sure there is at least no "GCS Flag" before the bots starts the undock routine. Because at the moment, the watchdog 1 system could be sending FLEET ESCAPE alerts, the bot would still start the undocking routine, which is just wrong.

Ok, now I get what you are saying. In a way it's already like this:
  • GCS always listen, when a alert is recived it sets a flag for the bot to return home ASAP, if the bot is performing some actions (eg, waiting, tapping, scanning something previous) it will postpone the operation when possible.
  • When the flag is set, the only way to revoke the flag (this is done on each instance and it's not shared) is to scan the local on the instance and if it's clean it will release the bot.
Myyst

Registered

12-10-2021, 09:32 PM -
Any update on this ?
uid0
Administrator

Administrators

12-12-2021, 03:36 PM -
(12-10-2021, 09:32 PM)Myyst Wrote: Any update on this ?

Tomorrow like most mondays will be update day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VentureMiner cannot change belt mwammy 12 847 11-05-2021, 07:38 AM
Last Post: decipher