Any script to make it scan for neutrals as well as reds?
Started by Dragonking1555

4 posts in this topic
Dragonking1555

Moonrock

20 posts 8 threads Joined: Sep 2021
09-03-2021, 10:25 PM -
I find that it detects reds and warps to stations very well, have yet to be killed via a red.  However, neutrals come into the space constantly, and I have been ganked twice by them... without making it out alive.  It's only a venture III, and profits outweigh the costs, but I need some way to scan for neuts. 
Thanks in advance!
Stalker

Moonrock

17 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2021
09-04-2021, 06:50 AM -
(09-03-2021, 10:25 PM)Dragonking1555 Wrote: I find that it detects reds and warps to stations very well, have yet to be killed via a red.  However, neutrals come into the space constantly, and I have been ganked twice by them... without making it out alive.  It's only a venture III, and profits outweigh the costs, but I need some way to scan for neuts. 
Thanks in advance!

Neutrals have no icon and if you look in to the local_view, you would see that the problem. You have no icon too Wink
Solution could be:
1) you make your owm red list
2) give them your own neutral standing ... in bot neut = red
uid0
Administrator

Administrators

168 posts 28 threads Joined: Feb 2021
09-04-2021, 12:10 PM -
(09-03-2021, 10:25 PM)Dragonking1555 Wrote: I find that it detects reds and warps to stations very well, have yet to be killed via a red.  However, neutrals come into the space constantly, and I have been ganked twice by them... without making it out alive.  It's only a venture III, and profits outweigh the costs, but I need some way to scan for neuts. 
Thanks in advance!

There is no reliable way to detect neutrals, the only fix besides setting ppl in as enemy is to patch the game to add the red icon to neutrals also, however that can be a big red flag. This is an image recognition bot, it works as long it's possible to identify stuff. One way would be to count the ________ that divides the player names and the compare it to the current number of ppl in local. Possible only in theory since ADB is slow to send screencaps and the fluctuation would be too high to make it usable.
Dragonking1555

Moonrock

20 posts 8 threads Joined: Sep 2021
09-04-2021, 10:50 PM -
(09-04-2021, 12:10 PM)uid0 Wrote:
Thanks in advance!

There is no reliable way to detect neutrals, the only fix besides setting ppl in as enemy is to patch the game to add the red icon to neutrals also, however that can be a big red flag. This is an image recognition bot, it works as long it's possible to identify stuff. One way would be to count the ________ that divides the player names and the compare it to the current number of ppl in local. Possible only in theory since ADB is slow to send screencaps and the fluctuation would be too high to make it usable.

It figures, one suggestion could be an area to input your own name, like screencap it, then when it's scanning, just scan for the absence of a icon, and make it so if it sees yourself it doesn't warp away.  I can see that being very tricky though.
uid0
Administrator

Administrators

168 posts 28 threads Joined: Feb 2021
09-06-2021, 10:41 PM -
(09-04-2021, 10:50 PM)Dragonking1555 Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 12:10 PM)uid0 Wrote:
Thanks in advance!

It figures, one suggestion could be an area to input your own name, like screencap it, then when it's scanning, just scan for the absence of a icon, and make it so if it sees yourself it doesn't warp away.  I can see that being very tricky though.

I tried, it's almost the same issue as counting the dividers, the delay of ADB taking a screencap is too big to make it suable for fine calculations.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On Gank Script Myyst 2 18 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Myyst
  Probe Covert Ops cloack script for watchdog. uid0 0 196 06-03-2021, 10:17 PM
Last Post: uid0